(847) 372 - 1652
Familiar with (and would love to learn more): Python, Java
Experienced with: Rails, Sinatra
Familiar with: Django, Backbone
Experienced with: RSpec, Cucumber, Jasmine
Familiar with: Capybara, unittest
Software Engineer - Application Operations
August 2013 to present
- Worked on five varying Rails 2 and 3 applications, in a service oriented architectural environment.
- Optimized queries to improve load times from 30 seconds to 200ms on an internal app.
- Set up an application to send emails using an internal Groupon server.
Payments Operations Analyst
December 2012 to April 2013
- Worked on a small team to handle customer requests and fight fraud.
- Wrote a Ruby script to automate fighting chargebacks. The script allowed us to handle a 10x increase in volume and generated $900,000 in revenue in the first week.
April 2012 to June 2012
- Acted as a point of communication between our business teams and our machine learning consultant.
- Taught myself Ruby, and wrote website scraping scripts to create training data for our machine learning algorithm.
Senior Research Associate - Tech, Media, and Telecom
September 2010 to April 2012
- Managed clients' research needs by connecting them with consultants in the technology industry.
May 2009 to August 2009, and May 2008 to August 2008
- Designed a novel device for drug infusion that reduces the processes' complexity, increases its efficiency, and improves the ergonomics for patients who use Baxter's products.
Class of 2013
Dev Bootcamp is a 9 week program where I spent 12 hours a day learning to become a web developer. We learned by pair programming or working in small groups every day.
Class of 2010
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Graduated Cum Laude; Cumulative GPA: 3.75/4.00